The Production Rig has been completely redesigned in order to be optimized for compact cameras as the Epic, Alexa M, Sony F3, HDC-P1, as well as full-size production cameras like the Alexa or F35. The rig can be used with high-end primes or compact zoom lenses.
The Production Rig is available for purchase.
- maximum accessibility of all operating elements on both cameras
- different mounting brackets for various cameras
- lightweight construction thanks to the use of aluminium and carbon fiber elements
- entire weight of rig (without cameras) 15.8 KG / 35,8 lb
- internally motorized interaxial of 100mm / 3.9“
- easy transportation in two separate cases (mirror box and L-shaped support)
with Alexa and UPs
with Sony F3 and UPs
INTERCHANGEABLE MIRROR BOX
With only one single screw the mirror box can be fixed on the main L-shaped camera holder within seconds. For the Production rig a Standard Mirror Box or a Wide Angle Mirror Box are currently available. Precision steel pins and high-end engineering ensure a perfect alignment.
- widest available mirror box on the market
- 14.5mm with Dive-In Donut on Alexa (Wide Angle MB)
- 21mm with Dive-In Donut on Alexa (Standard MB)
- easy transportation, components ship in separate
- extremely lightweight
Frame cage Design
SCREEN PLANE mirror rigs are built as a ridged aluminum and carbon fiber structure with the shortest possible distance between the cameras and the mirror. This design guarantees maximum stiffness and precision in alignment.
- no alignment, movement or flex on the mirror frame
- precisely machined geometry for rapid alignment
tilt angle adjustment
As the first system of its kind the Production Rig offers an adjustment of the tilt angle in the center of gravity of the rig itself.
- tilt adjust expands creative freedom
- easy to achieve extreme tilt angles
- precise alignment of tilt angles in 2.5° increments
- maximum stiffness of the carbon support columns
- bent shape of carbon column for optimum acces
Cartoni Side Mount
Together with Cartoni we have developed a side mount which allows the Production Rig to be side mounted on a Lamda Head.
Camera and lenses can be reached easily and as the Lamda can be varied in the height of the column the tilt range has almost no limits anymore. This configuration also allows to use the Lambda in an overslung or underslung configuration and offers a unmatched flexibility for the DP.
The high stiffness in the Production Rig even allows the rig to be mounted on cranes with only a single side mount, as shown on the photos above, in this case with a Supertechno Z-Head. The carbon fiber arms can be removed within seconds to mount the rig from one or both sides.
For car commercials we have adapted the entire Production Rig into the compact stabilized Flight Head 5, to work with the Russian Arm or speed cars, as shown in the photos.
The rig has been succesfully used as well on Scorpio Heads, Mo-Sys Lambda, Mega Mount and is currently adapted to the stabilized Alpha head.
All alignment elements are easy to reach and allow the rig to be adjusted with great precision.
Axes like Roll normally don‘t need recalibrating between shots and can be fixed seperatly. Roll alignment rotates around the optical axis of the lens.
Axes to be adjusted: tilt, roll, height, convergence, interaxial. No additional adjustment on the mirror is needed.
filtering / dive-in donuts
No other rig offers such a flexibilty for filtering. Both cameras are equipped with two 4×5.65“ filter trays and a mounting ring for ARRI standard 143mm donuts with an additional round filter option.
If wide angles are required the filter trays can be removed and our Dive-In Donut lets the lens dive into the mirror box (up to 114mm front ring diameter). The Dive-In Donut still offers a 4 1/2“ round filter option.
In addition the Standard Mirror Box has an additional filter slot in front of the mirror box.
Integrated Lens and rig control
The Production Rig is equipped with a full 8 axis cmotion camin (focus, iris, zoom on both cameras and an intergrated motor for interaxial). Convergence can be motorized with an external lens motor as well.
- fully integrated lens and rig motor controller
- compatible with the cmotion lens control system
- full support for DPC®, H.I.T.Con and 3D-LOG
- drastically reduced wiring on rig
- fast setup and calibration
- supports multiple hand units for 1st AC, stereographer, DoP
- 12,6 Kg, 27,8 lbs, Rig with Standard Mirror Box (for crane mount and cartoni side mount)
- 15,8 Kg, 35,8 lbs, Rig with Standard Mirror Box and Carbon Support (for standard camera heads)
- IA travel with Standard/Wide Angle Mirror Box: 100mm, 3.9“
- int. tilt adjustment in 2.5° increments
- 450 x 280 x 240mm, 17.7 x 11 x 9.5” Standard MB
- 660 x 285 x 275mm, 26.0 x 11.2 x 10.8” Wide Angle MB
- filter slot on front of Standard MB 450x200mm (17.7×7.85“)
- lens diameter up to 114mm
- covers 21mm (Standard Mirror Box), 14.5mm (Wide Angle Mirrorbox) with Dive-in Donuts on Alexa
- covers 18mm (Standard Mirror Box), 14mm (Wide Angle Mirrorbox) with Dive-in Donuts on Red 4K
- adjustable axes: convergence, roll, height, tilt, IA
- built in interaxial motor
- removable carbon fiber arms for Cartoni side mound and crane mounts
- integrated cmotion 8 axes camin
- 3D Log, streaming metadata on serial out (summer 2011)
- 10-32V DC in for lens and rig controller
The Production Rig is available for purchase.
design and specs might change without further notice